When charging your watch, check that:
- All plastic wrap has been removed from both ends and both sides of the charging cable (check closely on the head of the charger).
- The back of your watch and the head of the charging cable are clean and dry (clean them with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth).
- The charging head is properly aligned with the back of the watch, with the concave / curved side touching it fullyome watch docks, stands, cases or protectors might hinder this.
[*]You are using a genuine Apple Magnetic Charging Cable or an Apple certified magnetic charging module.[*]If you are charging your watch by plugging into mains power:
Check that the USB connector on the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable is pushed fully into the USB Power Adapter.
- Try using different adapters from the following:The genuine Apple USB Power Adapter that was supplied with the watch, or;
- A genuine Apple 5W (iPhone) or 12W (iPad) USB Power Adapter, or;
- An Apple-certified (MFi) third-party 5W USB power adapter.
[*]Try using a different power outlet (one that is known to be working properly).[*]If no other suitable power adapters are available, try instead charging via USB.[*]If charging via a USB port on a computer, ensure that you use a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port, the computer remains turned on and awake and the cable is plugged directly into the computer (not into, for example, an external keyboard).
Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support